At Home with Satellite is a fun, creative program that offers connecting activities for children and young people aged 8-14 years old (approx.) who have a parent or carer that experiences mental health challenges.
Our 'At Home' program runs during the school holidays and provides a curated selection of activity-based self-care packs and online workshops. These fun activities are facilitated as a two-part workshop series. They have included:
- Music and Me workshops where participants use music as a familiar and fun medium to explore feelings and identity.
- 'Dreamboards' workshops where participants create a collection of images, words, and doodles for inspiration.
- Songwriting workshops where participants explore the songwriting process including writing lyrics and composition.
- Digital photography workshops include photography challenges and scavenger hunts and explore how photography can be a cool platform for expression and sharing stories.
- 'Creature Comforts' workshops where participants use the materials posted to them in a craft box to design and make wild creations!
- 'All Superheroes Wear Masks' workshops, where participants receive all the materials needed via post to bring their masked-adventures to life.
At Home with Satellite provides an opportunity for artistic expression, story-telling and peer connection within a facilitated group program.
Our Next Program
Our next "At Home with Satellite" workshops will take place in the January 2024 school holidays.
JANUARY 2024 SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
15 January 2024
10:00am - 12:00pm
Ages 8 - 11
Online via Zoom
16 January 2024
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Ages 12 - 14 years
Online via Zoom
Let us know you're interested in joining or referring a young person to 'At Home with Satellite' below:
How to join our programs
Choose a program that interests you (or a young person you know). Fill an expression of interest form here.
Our team will call you to chat about the program, confirm a place and answer any questions.
After a place is confirmed, you'll receive an e-mail to register more information about yourself.
You are now ready to join us and connect and share your stories with new friends who 'get it'!
Living Through Lockdown: Our response to Covid-19
Click here to see some of the beautiful insights and creative outputs made by the 'At Home' participants during lockdown 2020. Their perspective on this challenging time reveals how conversations, collaboration and creativity can foster positive mental health and wellbeing and connection with others, even from afar.
This includes downloadable resources to try yourself!