At Home with Satellite is a fun, creative program that offers connecting activities for children and young people aged 8-14 years old (approx.) who have a parent or carer that experiences mental health challenges.
Our 'At Home' program runs during the school holidays and provides a curated selection of activity-based self-care packs and online workshops. These fun activities are facilitated as a two-part workshop series. They have included:
- Music and Me workshops where participants use music as a familiar and fun medium to explore feelings and identity.
- 'Dreamboards' workshops where participants create a collection of images, words, and doodles for inspiration.
- Songwriting workshops where participants explore the songwriting process including writing lyrics and composition.
- Digital photography workshops include photography challenges and scavenger hunts and explore how photography can be a cool platform for expression and sharing stories.
- 'Creature Comforts' workshops where participants use the materials posted to them in a craft box to design and make wild creations!
- 'All Superheroes Wear Masks' workshops, where participants receive all the materials needed via post to bring their masked-adventures to life.
At Home with Satellite provides an opportunity for artistic expression, story-telling and peer connection within a facilitated group program.
Our Next Program
Our next "At Home with Satellite" workshops will take place in the April 2023 school holidays.
APRIL SCHOOL HOLIDAYS
'Ready Steady Balance – Mobiles workshop '
Wednesday 12 April 2023
(ages 8 - 11 approx.)
10:00am - 12:00pm AEST
Thursday 13 April 2023
(ages 12 - 14 approx.)
1:00 - 3:00pm AEST
Let us know you're interested in joining or referring a young person to 'At Home with Satellite' below:
Everyone has things in their life that make them feel a little bit wonky. Things that make us feel confused, lost or stressed. We also all have things that we know make us feel great! Things that fill up our buckets/cups and make us feel alive, happy and in control. The trickiest thing can be finding a way to balance both of these experiences/feelings at the same time.
Ready Steady Balance is a mobile-making workshop with an emphasis on self-care and self-compassion. We will use beads, feathers and paper to create stories on strings - using colours, shapes, words and pictures to talk about the things that can tangle us up or help us move freely.
How to join our programs
Choose a program that interests you (or a young person you know). Fill an expression of interest form here.
Our team will call you to chat about the program, confirm a place and answer any questions.
After a place is confirmed, you'll receive an e-mail to register more information about yourself.
You are now ready to join us and connect and share your stories with new friends who 'get it'!
Living Through Lockdown: Our response to Covid-19
Click here to see some of the beautiful insights and creative outputs made by the 'At Home' participants during lockdown 2020. Their perspective on this challenging time reveals how conversations, collaboration and creativity can foster positive mental health and wellbeing and connection with others, even from afar.
This includes downloadable resources to try yourself!