Have you ever thought about how so different cultures have a variety of pancakes? They are one of the most universal foods.
The lovely Hannah shares how the classic pancake is a wonderfully easy snack (and super fun activity) that kids can make with their parents or siblings that you can customise however you desire! – “They bring a lot of joy to my own house and are enjoyed at any time of the day”.
You can find Hannah’s recipe and method to the perfect pancakes (have you ever seen such perfect pancakes?) below:
Satellite Suggests Pancakes Ingredients:
- 280 grams of self-raising flour
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 60 grams of caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift the flour, sugar and bicarb into a bowl
- Measure out milk and vanilla in a jug
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl to ensure no shells get in – whisk lightly
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and whisk until combined with no lumps
- Cook pancakes on low to medium heat until bubbles form and begin to pop
- Flip the pancake then let cook for another minute or until the other side turns golden
More Satellite Suggests Ideas
For more inspiration from our Satellite Suggests series why not watch Satellite Suggests Creature Comforts or make your own Satellite Suggests Activity Chatterbox!